Thursday, 29 September 2011

You'd think it was Summer

The new building at the heart of the Three Counties Showground
Truly, you would think it was midsummer - the temperature still so warm at 19-18, though the sun has already dropped below the line of the whale-backed Malverns. Yes, we are here again - you could almost say we cannot keep away! But actually, would you believe it, we are semi-working, covering the new Three Counties 'Malvern Caravan Show'. The weather is perfect and there is much planned for our delight over the next three days. A tour of the Morgan Car factory tomorrow (which will take us back to the days of our youth when Raymond sold his beloved 1932 Aston Martin Le Mans sports racing car in order to marry me. That was in 1958; a long while ago).

Just the two of us - Raymond's experimental photography; and I got the giggles!
Right now, I cannot believe we are still sitting outside in shirtsleeves; the glow over the hills lights up the skyline, a magnificent silhouette. Tomorrow maybe we'll walk on the hills, or drive over them into Ledbury (another favourite spot). Saturday there's a farmer's market, and new caravans to see (we don't want or need a new one). I plan to work on my map-trail journal if I have time, and then Sunday ... not sure yet. I'm just not used to having so much spare time. It is almost dark, pinpricks of light emerge along the hills; a robin sings in a thorn tree. Acquaintances from the Caravan Writers' Guild have just arrived, and Raymond suggests we force down the bottle of cheap Cava that has been chilling in the fridge. Good idea, for it's too dark now to see the keyboard. Tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

  1. I love your sentence "Raymond sold his beloved 1932 Aston Martin Le Mans sports racing car in order to marry me. That was in 1958; a long while ago." I am a romantic and that line gave me tingles.

    When we were dating, my husband used to call me "collect". That was a red flag if ever there was one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have the giggles in the photograph, but it speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete