Thursday, 30 December 2010

New Year : New Blog - an invitation to view


In June 2010, I was engaged professionally to write a monthly on-line newsletter for the long-established seed company, Dobies of Devon, for 'keen and dedicated gardeners'. Last month, I was asked to extend what I have been doing and write a weekly blog as well, covering a mix of gardening topics, along with recipes from my Cotswold kitchen, inspirational gardens to visit, book reviews, and much else. I am really excited about all this, for they are such a lovely, friendly company to work with, and this new blog will in no way be a 'hard sell'. Other team members will be contributing as well, so it should be a fascinating mix of topics and information.

The 'Dobies of Devon Gardening Companion' went 'live' for the first time this morning; please click on the link - it would be wonderful if you would leave a comment.  The layout isn't perfect yet; it's the first time I've contributed to a team blog, so their may be unintentional hiccups at my end. And if you'd like to learn more about the company itself and what they offer, please click here - you can also access my newsletter ('a helping hand' lower left of screen on the Dobies website).

creating a new bit of garden for two of the grandchildren, nearly seven years ago

I am passionate about so many things, and one is to pass on  to future generations the joy of gardening, wildlife, food, history, literature, and creating with ones hands. And, in case you are wondering: no, I haven't been asked to promulgate this new blog; I just truly love what I do and want to share it with others.

A very happy new year to all 'bloggers' and all the best for 2011.

7 comments:

  1. How exciting, Ann... rushing over to check out the new 'Companion'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the news about the Dobies blog. I have visited, enjoyed the first post, commented and become a follower . . .

    I look forward to reading more - gosh, what a long way from the end of the post to the comment bottom!

    All the best for 2011!

    Best wishes

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much to you both - and yes, there is a problem with the layout; hope to get that sorted before next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anne my friend....Hope you are well..... Wishing all good things for you and yours 2011....every blessing from Helen XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.moonconnection.com/current_moon_phase.phtml#rt2mcmf_1293932292

    Hi Anne - here is the url for the moon phase thingy.All the very best for the new year - and for your new blog (i visited yesterday)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall visit the link. Good luck with this exciting project.
    Just want to return good wishes to you for 2011 and thank you for your visits to my place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so inspiring to be passionate about so many things and want to pass it along to others. I know the feeling.

    I LOVE the picture with your grandchildren in the garden.

    I'm headed over to the other blog:)
    Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete