Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Playing around again



Just back from a short press trip to Dorset with the Caravan Writers' Guild. I open my blog and decide I just do not like the changes I had made to its style so have played around again; it's still not right - the heading is boring; I shall have to work on that, and on some of the colours. I only hope I have not made it too hard to read (my apologies if I have; please hang in there whilst I experiment; I can't manage the clever stuff). Apart from the Guild activities - barbecues and the like with fellow journalists - Raymond and I visited some fascinating places in connection with forthcoming articles; I making notes and writing words whilst Ray took some most beautiful photos which I will share when he has kindly passed them to me. Because, although I took my camera, I was not as well organised as I should have been. Day one, as soon as we arrived, I took the ducks shown above at a farm park we visited for lunch. Day two, I forgot my camera - left it in the caravan. Day three I took it but had forgotten to charge the battery! Day four, I had it with me but left it in the car when I went for a long solitary walk upon Holt Heath; I had wanted to photograph a wide band of flint pebbles that I discovered in an old quarry (I scribbled notes instead). 

I haven't yet downloaded the pics I took on Monday which was a day off (miraculous) and I spent most of the time journaling in the caravan with no pressure for once to do anything. Yesterday was spent travelling home and then preparing to depart again for the Malvern Autumm 'Food & Gardening' Show. We've been away every week this month and long for some time at home without deadlines. Then I'll be able to catch up I hope with all that has been neglected this long and busy summer. Meanwhile, all I can say is 'hello' - for what are words without pics to illustrate where one has been or what one has done? Although actually most of what I am taking at the moment are textural - the bark of a tree or patterns on a stone wall, from which to create image transfers onto fabric as backgrounds for other work.

5 comments:

  1. Love the changes... the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I would not change a thing, the colours are beautiful and it is very easy to read,it is different to everyone elses and the felt look on the sides are so soft and a pleasure to look at,not a bit boring. Your life is so busy and looking forward to seeing your pictures.Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the grey background with the ochre text and the sides are great. The top goes well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy woman you are - glad you got some relaxation in though. I laughed at your camera mishaps - That happens to me too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reports of your travels and projects are really interesting. They also sound rather exhausting. Having a motor home is definitely a blessing if one has to travel any distance--so nice to have the same bed and some familiar comforts after a long day.
    I seem to carry my camera endlessly in the car, only to forget it on the day that we spot wildlife near the road or an interesting plant.

    ReplyDelete