Friday, 7 May 2010

Malvern Day Two

Day two of the Malvern Spring Gardening Show - I had to take this photo of the backdrop of the hills (always theatrical), the visitors without which the Show would not exist, and one of the show gardens peeking through those walking past (spot the Morgan car in the background, who sponsored this garden - Morgan cars are manufactured in Great Malvern)

It's been a cold, wet and shivery day - unless you kept moving, which is not difficult if the stalls you want to visit are at opposite ends of the showground. I've managed to obtain continuous WiFi coverage and thus can post in a less frenetic fashion. What is difficult to do, is to provide all the links I would like to do as they lodge in my office back at home. (But it is an enormous thrill to be able to have internet access in the middle of a grass field, with the hills ahead of me - the motorhome cab makes a perfect studio.)

Her Royal Highness, the Princess Royal (Princess Anne) arriving at the Malvern Showground today

It is the 25th anniversary of the Malvern Spring Gardening Show - and back in 1986, Her Royal Highness, Princess Anne, opened the original permanent buildings. And today she came back. I've been on other press-calls when HRH was guest at some particular launch and was impressed at the time she gave to everyone she met. She is incredibly hard-working, and on this occasion (today) walked around the show-ground for nearly two hours (it was all very informal, though clearly well-managed), before driving herself to whatever was her next engagement. But I digress, this is a post about a 'garden show' and so, if you wish to continue, please click the link to my new gardening blog.

1 comment:

  1. You are in my birth town - please say hello to Malvern for me and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete