Wednesday, 23 September 2009

A heartfelt 'thankyou'


I realised as soon as I had published my last post that it was my 50th since beginning my 'wild somerset child' blog - and this morning when switching on my computer I discovered that I now have 50 followers! I am so very grateful and want to say 'thank you' to everyone who looks at some of the silly things I post; your very presence has uplifted and sustained me. Your comments have encouraged and supported me, often when I was in low spirits; for in one way and another, it has been a difficult year.

Your own blogs have inspired me: stimulating and often thought-provoking. To have become a part of the blogging community has been such a privilege; to correspond with people whom I have never met from around the world has been sometimes literally a lifeline in an isolated life. (Though I am not lonely, but writing is a very solitary affair and one does crave company from time to time.) I have been a poor blogging friend - my 'drafts' email box is still full of people who have left me comments, awaiting a reply. I have promised to do things that are still outstanding. I apologise.

I began blogging quite by chance last November, but in earnest at the turn of the year. I had been commissioned to write an article on 'creating a gardening blog' last Autumn. At the time, I had a simple iWeb blog but felt it necessary, in terms of the blog feature, to recommend a service that PC users would be able to use. I was mystified by 'Blogger' at first, but have come to love it. Now, having familiarised myself with some of its intricacies, often with advice from fellow bloggers, I turned this month to re-vamping my website. That is still in its infancy - little by little it will reflect the things that I do, the activities that I love and that are so much a part of my working life.


music to soothe the soul: angel playing (in Tewkesbury Abbey)


Thought for the day: become a follower of a 'new' blogger and watch their blogging confidence grow, as they post and you comment. A circle of friendship around the globe. Such a marvellous way to become acquainted.

9 comments:

  1. I love your 'thought for the day' and so agree about how supportive and wonderful this blogging fraternity can be. And it's interesting making new acquaintances, who might become friends, who knows, but just to 'touch base' as they say, with people all over the world is one of the marvels of modern technology I appreciate. As I do your thoughtful postings - I am not a writer of your calibre, but appreciate the work, the solitude, that goes into being one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 50th post! I's been such a pleasure reading them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a delight to read your posts from you oh so lovely part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind comments, I too work in isolation and find that blogging is a good way to connect. I am very grateful to you and those like you who offer support and comradeship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations lovely lovely friend...hope you are well...love and hugs H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh glad I found you. I discovered some new bloggers this week and was the amongst the first to start following them .It will be fun to see them grow. I celebrated my 100th post this week and almost have 100 followers It goes with your 50th and 50ish followers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My blog is even more recent than yours-- started it the end of August. You are right-- whether one writes or paints or whatever, our time in the studio is solitary-- we are alone a lot. The blog world gives us an opportunity to connect with other artists and I have really met some wonderful artists and seen some fabulous work from all over the world, you included.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful achievement! I haven't "found you" very long but I am glad that I have! Leanne (New Zealand).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 50th post. I enjoy the glimpse into your writing world. And I really enjoyed your recent comment at my blog about keeping fabrics and antique keys and locks; I have so much stuff myself....the world must have more stuff now than ever. Whats to become of it?

    ReplyDelete