Sunday, 12 April 2009

Easter Greetings


Just thought I would send greetings to all my dear followers and hope you are having a peaceful time doing something special whether you are alone or with family and or friends. Be happy, wherever you are. We have had a houseful for two days (two of our three children and their respective partners, and children - six beloved grandchildren ranging in age from 4 to 15). The photo shows us enjoying a family lunch yesterday, which coincided with Dominic's 8th birthday (the birthday boy is at the head of the table), so a very muddy football match on the village green was enjoyed prior to eating.

Today has been damp and remarkably quiet in the village, but chilly. So no gardening but a book by the fire for Raymond, whilst I experimented with fabric and glue, tissue-paper, muslin, scrim and jute, to create blank pages that will become an illustrated 'Memory Book' of this old house, which we acquired forty years ago this June. I will post details of it from time to time as I work my way through old photos, old notes and all manner of odd bits and pieces that I want to incorporate. It will be a sort of  'thankyou' to Raymond for all that we have achieved here between us,  (with the constant help of our three children when they still lived at home). 'Cotswold Farmhouse Memories' will be my summer-and-autumn creative project whenever I have a spare moment. I actually found time to prep some fabric before breakfast yesterday whilst the family were still asleep. Little by little, the pages will grow.

Meanwhile, you can see the house as it was in 1969, and read a little bit about how we came to buy it, if you visit my website and click on 'Garden Notes' - and then scroll down to page two.  I am ashamed that the website is not as professional as I would wish, and also that it badly needs updating. There are just never enough hours in the day to do everything that needs doing here. I hope it will be enjoyed by anyone who reads it, nevertheless.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a peaceful day with your family.I'mlooking forward to seeing your memory book forming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. I bet you're tired now though. In 1969 I went off to college and I can't believe its 40 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of Easters. It's still Easter here in Oregon. Glad you have your family with you and happy the doctor said you're fine. We all need time alone (desperately). - Jeanne in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds a wonderful time - happy Easter to you also Ann....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project; a book about your home. Its chilly and raining here too. We are warm by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to your farm.. I enjoyed reading about it.
    I also enjoyed the picture of your family enjoying their lunch with you. Family is so important and it makes my heart glad when I see families get together for a nice meal and some fun times.
    We had our kids over yesterday too and now I'm going to kick back and get some rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely family photo Ann - hope you are getting some of the sunny days now that I had in Wales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a lovely family gathering. your new project sounds so lovely, a nice way to memorialize your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to have a full table. Family is great. I love the old pictures of your house!

    ReplyDelete