Monday, 9 February 2009

Not a good day!


Oh it has been a terrible day for me. After the euphoria of yesterday I settled down to serious writing when up sprang a RED ERROR MESSAGE on my office machine and then more error messages; I closed down and then tried to restart and a little whizzing thingy went round and round in circles - - and nothing happened. That was at 10.15 am and Raymond and I have been working on the problem for seven hours. We think the files are recoverable but can't access the back-up drive either. Coupled to which the card-reader through which I download photos from my Sony camera has also packed up and the batteries on my Nikon are limping. I am whacked and disconsolate, and the weather doesn't help: rain, rain, rain all day and slush and mud and dirty melting snow; the driveway is under water (nowhere for it to run). Snow slid off the barn roof and I had to negotiate  a veritable slippery mountain to fetch wood for the stove. I feel totally rung out and cannot think of anything creative at all.

Thank heavens for my laptop. So to cheer myself up, I am posting a photo I took the other evening, at sunset. It may be a while before I am back here posting again, so love to everyone whose blog I have been following, and love also to all who have kindly followed my own postings; I truly value all your comments, even if I have not responded to them. Take care of yourselves; I will miss you all.

6 comments:

  1. so sorry you are having a machinery and person meltdown. Soooo frustrating when machines do not work, I know. Do try to rest up a bit. At least you have Raymond to help out and soon the snow will be gone for the melting. Take care and return when you can. Suki

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a day! Awful how everything happens at once - take care of yourself and hope you are back soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate you sharing of the 'good, the bad and the ugly' days...I think that's what blogging is all about. And thanks for the strong mental reminder to back up my work, ASAP! hope your day improves rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, bosh! (Did I say that right?) Well, the snow will finally go away. I hope you and Raymond have a nice, quiet & warm evening. Have tea and think of spring. And "we" have all come to care for you, so be good to yourself. Jeanne in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just hate computers? And love them. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete