Tuesday, 20 January 2009

The measure of my days


For many years, these little notebooks tied up in a tape measure were my constant companions; one by one I filled them with my scribblings. They were for those 'poetry moments' which all my life have interrupted whatever else I may be doing at the time; very inconvenient, too many burned suppers! There is never a deliberate sitting down in front of a blank page; these 'poetry moments' just happen - and I had one this very morning, 7.30 a.m. sharp: something that sprang into my mind to mark and record this 'Obama Day'.

You can read some of these poetry happenings from time to time in my other blog - 'Journaling the Journal'; just click here, or on the link on the left (Another of my Blogs). Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. what a fabulous representation of your thoughts through out your life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, Jeanne - these just represent some of my poetry jottings but they always transport me back to whatever place or occasion inspired me to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann - I just wanted to check with you about the comment you left on my blog? - did you want to participate in the meme? - I want to make sure before I close it.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne, thankyou for asking (about the meme). I hadn't read that far down; had just been absorbing your beautiful photos. I would love to participate but really do not feel able to become involved at present - I am so over-committed this year. My apologies (though of course something from your hands, had I been 'chosen', would have been wonderful, if only I was able to reciprocate). I wish everyone well who takes this lovely idea onboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found both blogs through The Vodoo Cafe posting. I'm delighted with your writing and artwork.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. just came over from your other blog-what a treasure those books are. I would give a million dollars (if I had it) to have something like that of my grandmother's-I miss her so much, having something like that would be precious- I plan to keep on journaling and/or sketching and someday my son (and grandchildren?) will have that piece of me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darla and Trish - thankyou so much for visiting. I will look at your blogs later today and find out more about you; must do some dreaded house chores first - it gets neglected all week what with work and all that! Ann

    ReplyDelete